NLEP Seeks Candidates for Director of Marketing and Communication
The North Louisiana Economic Partnership (NLEP) provides professional economic development services to an 11-parish region of North Louisiana, which includes Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Claiborne, DeSoto, Jackson, Lincoln, Natchitoches, Red River, Sabine, and Webster parishes. The organization also represents the interests of North Louisiana with a unified voice and as a single point of contact. Our mission is to be a catalyst and connector advancing economic growth in our region.
The NLEP Director of Marketing and Communication will develop and lead the organization’s internal and external marketing and communications plans, as detailed below.
- Develop and implement annual marketing and communications plan to align with goals of NLEP Program of Work;
- Ensure NLEP branding guidelines are implemented consistently and manage updates to corporate branding;
- Manage NLEP website, including engaging NLEP staff for ideas for new content creation, updating of time-specific data, and oversight of contractors hired for site design;
- Author, manage, distribute and monitor content on NLEP social media sites to ensure frequent posting of content that is relevant to NLEP’s mission and is reaching a targeted audience;
- Recommend social media policy to NLEP leadership;
- Develop strategic relationships with media professionals and outlets for high-impact communication outcomes internal and external to the NLEP market;
- Author NLEP media releases and distribute through appropriate media channels to ensure maximum targeted exposure and facilitate responses to media inquiries;
- Responsible for management and acquisition of photos, design/layout, canvases or graphics for NLEP informational documents, website and programmatic marketing materials;
- Work with NLEP programmatic staff to ensure presentations, site visit documents and proposals align with branding guidelines and contain high-quality graphic design elements as appropriate;
- Coordinate planning and marketing of economic development announcements in partnership with program staff and local and state partners;
- Manage relationships with and oversee work conducted by outside marketing/public relations firms, freelance designers and vendor partners that may be hired from time to time;
- Recommend and manage the annual NLEP marketing budget;
- Proactively engage in professional development related to marketing and economic development.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In depth knowledge of current communications, branding and marketing principles and strategies;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to effectively communicate information to support organizational objectives and interact with all levels of NLEP stakeholders in a highly professional manner;
- Strict adherence to confidentiality requirements of projects and other organizational matters;
- Mastery of common office equipment and standard communication and design tools, such as Microsoft365 tools, Google tools, WordPress, Basic HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact, Zoom, and standard social media platforms;
- Ability to apply consistent style, tone and standards to written and graphic communications;
- Experience managing websites and social media platforms and content;
- Strong public and media relations skills;
- Ability to work as part of a fast-paced team and manage the process of critical information gathering from teammates;
- Excellent project management skills to successfully prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects;
- Ability to stay current on changes, trends and new technologies impacting core job functions;
- Ability to quickly learn core principles of economic development and how they are applied within the NLEP program of work;
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills;
- Market research and analysis skills;
- Budget management experience;
- Must have a valid driver’s license;
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle to and from work locations, meetings and events;
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends to attend meetings/training/events.
- Bachelor’s Degree or significant experience in marketing, public relations, communication or a related field;
- Experience in economic development or business-focused marketing and communications;
- Customer/Client relationship management experience preferred.
- Directly reports to the NLEP COO and may receive additional functional oversight from program managers when working on program-specific initiatives or events;
- No supervisory responsibility.
- Job requires ability to excel in a fast-paced environment of multiple stakeholder interactions, projects and unexpected challenges/opportunities that require prompt action;
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment with low to moderate noise levels, though may be asked to work occasionally at off-site locations and events;
- Occasional travel throughout region, state, and nation. Possible occasional international travel.
- This position will be based in the NLEP office in downtown Shreveport, though there will be travel throughout the NLEP footprint as needed.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Interested parties should submit a letter of interest and their resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Director of Marketing and Communications.”